News & Events
Join the National Parkinson Foundation Minnesota at our chapter events throughout the year. NPFM is working to improve lives and improve care by offering fun and purposeful events providing needed resources to families living with Parkinson’s disease. All of our events are Parkinson’s-friendly and accessible.
- Dance to Break a Record!- Join us to beat our national competitors for the most people dancing for Parkinson’s at the same time. Saturday, Sept. 20, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the Ridgedale YMCA.
Earlier this year:
- Moving Day kickoff Breakfast- Was Feb. 28 at the Metropolitan Ballroom in Golden Valley.
- Golf for Parkinson’s Families kickoff Breakfast- Was March 27 at the Commons on Marice.
- Evening Out for Parkinson’s West - Was April 3 at the Minnesota Valley Country Club.
- NPFM Presents “Living with Parkinson’s,” Was April 22, at the Barnes & Noble shop at the Galleria Edina. In addition to the video premier, there was a book signing, “Stuck with it, Not in It…redefining life with Parkinson’s disease” by, Susan Gangsei.
- Moving Day Twin Cities Walk for Parkinson’s, Was May 3, at Hilde Center and Park, Plymouth.
- Golf for Parkinson’s Families - Was June 30, at Minnesota Valley Country Club. Beginning in 2006 sponsors and donors for this tournamente raised more than $250,000 to fund the NPFM Respite Care Program.
- Evening Out for Parkinson’s East - Was July 24 at the Mendakota Country Club.
Don’t miss a single event: sign up to receive announcements and e-newsletters from NPFM. Don’t worry, we send only about 10 emails a year. Sign up on our home page in the Stay Connected box.
You may also find events from our community partners — including classes, exercise groups, and seminars — on our searchable events calendar.
Your feedback has been received.