News & Events
Join the National Parkinson Foundation Minnesota at our chapter events throughout the year. NPFM is working to improve lives and improve care by offering fun and purposeful events providing needed resources to families living with Parkinson’s disease. All of our events are Parkinson’s-friendly and accessible.
- Moving Day kickoff Breakfast- Learn how to participate in our largest fund raiser of the year 7:30 to 9 a.m., Feb. 28, at the Metropolitan Ballroom in Golden Valley! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Golf for Parkinson’s Families kickoff Breakfast- Learn how to leverage your marketing funds while supporting the NPFM Family Grant Program, 7:30 to 9 a.m., March 27, at the Commons on Marice. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Evening Out for Parkinson’s West - We gather for a Parkinson’s-friendly evening out with music, a lovely dinner, silent auction and medical update, 5:30 to 8 p.m., April 3, a the Minnesota Valley Country Club.
- NPFM Presents “Living with Parkinson’s,” a Twin Cities Public Television Premier. Join us 5 to 7 p.m., April 22, at the Barnes & Noble shop at the Galleria Edina. In addition to the video premier, there will be a book signing, “Stuck with it, Not in It…redefining life with Parkinson’s disease” by, Susan Gangsei.
- Moving Day Twin Cities Walk for Parkinson’s, 9 a.m., May 3, 2014, Hilde Center and Park, Plymouth. Funds raised through Moving Day primarily stay with the Minnesota chapter to serve local families. A small portion of the proceeds is directed to the National organization to fund research initiatives that result in benefits for all families living with PD. Aware in Care kits, the Quality Initiative Program and research to help people with Parkinson’s live well are funded through these shared proceeds.
- Golf for Families - Whatever it takes to support Parkinson’s Families, 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., June 30, Minnesota Valley Country Club. Beginning in 2006 sponsors and donors for this tournament have raised over $250,000 to fund the NPFM Respite Care Program. In 2013 nearly 80 local families directly benefited from this program.
- Evening Out for Parkinson’s East - We gather for a Parkinson-friendly evening out with music, a lovely dinner, silent auction and medical update., 5:30 to 8 p.m., July 24, at the Mendakota Country Club.
- Dance to Break a Record!- Join us to beat our national competitors for the most people dancing for Parkinson’s at the same time. Date and Venue to be confirmed soon. Check back with us for details.
- You can also find events from our community partners — including classes, exercise groups, and seminars — on our searchable events calendar.
Your feedback has been received.