Stories: Caregivers Living With Parkinson’s

It’s A Family Affair: Barb Green’s Story

The Story of the Kissell/Green Family

It’s My Way of Taking Care of My Brother: Marie Dydasco’s story

As so many others, Marie Dydasco - Walch has to “watch” her brother’s Parkinson’s disease (PD) progress from afar. Marie is from the Island of Guam and that is where her family still lives.

The Great Unknown: Jean Spielman Housh’s Story

The fear can no longer be tucked away after a certain point. These questions and more present themselves when you notice what the disease is doing to your loved one on a daily basis.

I Can’t Think of a Place I’d Rather Be: Steve Snater’s Story

Life is bittersweet for Steve Snater. He is living with his parents so that he can be a caregiver for his father, who has Parkinson’s disease (PD). “It sucks in every way,” said Steve. “But it is wonderful that I can be there for him.

They Don’t Know What They Don’t Know: Justin & Ashley Remus’ Story

Ashley and Justin Remus live in New Ulm, Minnesota, a farming community about 100 miles southwest of Minneapolis. They’re keenly aware of the lack of information and awareness about Parkinson’s disease (PD) in small towns and rural areas. In fact, they lived this lack when Justin’s grandfather was diagnosed with Lewy Body, a variation of PD, in 2007 and passed away in 2011. “It took three to four years for my grandfather to be properly diagnosed,” Justin said.

Have a story to tell?

Share your story about how Parkinson's came into your life and how it motivated you to get involved.

Submit Your Story