Our People With Parkinson’s Leadership Board (PwP) is open to anyone who has Parkinson’s. It began in the Twin Cities is now reaching throughout Minnesota and surrounding areas. Listening to PwPs in our community is how we achieve our goals. These volunteers help our entire community understand the changing and growing needs of those living with Parkinson’s disease. Their insights enable us to share the story of Parkinson’s and inspire the community to deliver needed resources.
Some PwPs attend meetings while others provide advice, suggestions and guidance over the phone or through surveys. If you’d like to join this critical advisory group send us an email: email@example.com
Thanks to our PwP advisers, others living with Parkinson’s disease are learning to live better and awareness and acceptance of Parkinson’s disease are on the rise. Families are coming forward for help. And NPFM is better equipped to serve the Parkinson’s community. Recent work by our PwP includes:
- Creating guidelines for businesses on how to support employees living with Parkinson’s
- Education sessions on Nordic Walking and biking have been delivered in Minnesota communities and Fargo, N.D.
- Creating the PDShimmers light shows represent the number of people newly diagnosed with Parkinson’s
- Forming new support groups have been
- Participating in focus groups so that care coordination for PwP improves
- Presenting a poster on facial masking at the World Congress in Montreal
- Taking part in videos for NPFM events and an upcoming Twin Cities Public Television program
- Helping NPFM expand the Respite Care Grant program to better meet the needs of families and individuals
- Developing a Parkinson’s Exercise Network proposal for consideration by the NPFM Board of Directors
- Sharing personal stories to support each other, reach out to people newly diagnosed and enlighten news media stories